Change log - RunRunVids 2019+
Please see the RunRunVids change log
for versions 2019 and above.
TandemVids 2018 is still supported. See below for changes specific to each release.Change log - TandemVids 2018.3.0.0.
Please see the TandemVids 2018.3.0.0 release
in our issue tracker. Change log - TandemVids 2018.2.0.0.
- Vegas Professional 17 officially supported
- Tool tips for cell contents in the YouTube application's data grid to quickly display longer errors in the message column
- Application verification by Google to present a more user friendly consent screen when requesting YouTube permissions
Change log - TandemVids 2018.1.5.0.
- When the YouTube application refreshed the list of uploads, an error was triggered. New customers weren't being refreshed with new uploads.
Change log - TandemVids 2018.1.4.0.
- Intermittent error copying to the clipboard.
- Generating black video place holder videos for DVD Architect projects has been fixed.
Change log - TandemVids 2018.1.3.0.
- Shift delete allows deletion of completed YouTube uploads stuck in the queue.
- Music files weren't being saved to the customer's project. The project was referencing the central TandemVids music files.
- Archived projects were referencing media from the customer folder instead of the locally archived media.
- Cosmetic fixes picked up while writing the help documentation.
Change log - TandemVids 2018.1.2.0.
- Fixed the queue, which was broken after we moved the builds to the customer's folder.
Change log - TandemVids 2018.1.0.0.
- A few seconds from the start of the source media were intermittently repeated at the end of some clips.
- Reserved words in Windows can no longer be used for a customers name: CON, PRN, AUX, NUL, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, COM9, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, LPT4, LPT5, LPT6, LPT7, LPT8, and LPT9.
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.17.0.
- Trims of greater length than 999.99 seconds or 16.67 minutes were not saved due to a size limitation in the database.
- Error when populating empty template events for media with no audio. (Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
- Thumbnails and other media details missing for file formats not supporting the rotation flag.
- The default behaviour for the rotation flag can be overridden for people who haven't updated their GoPro7 firmware
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.16.0.
- The archive flag is now updated when you manually archive customers from the Search tab
- The USB Volume label is now saved
- Thumbnails for inverted GoPro 7 files with the original and latest firmware are all displayed correctly
- Go Pro 7 support for cameras mounted upside down - requires Vegas 10 or higher
- The rotation flag can be displayed in the media details grid
- The media details thumbnail is displayed correctly for Go Pro 7 inverted videos
- The Ffmpeg option captures photos correctly from inverted GoPro 7 footage
- Playing, trimming, freefall times, and velocity envelopes are displayed correctly for inverted GoPro 7 footage
- The license subscription end date has been added to the title of the About dialog
- The latest update for the current version is offered before the next major release
- Releases not covered by the current license are displayed but not downloaded
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.15.0.
- Fixed total counts for dvd, blu-ray, usb, folder, YouTube etc.
- Double message on start if Vegas cannot be found
- Enter license key window intermittently disappears behind foreground windows
- Time out on enter license key left the license in an invalid state
- Error if saved display index greater than grid column totals
- Offline activation displays local computer name instead of activated computer in error message
- Parameter incorrect if default start and end of freefall times are invalid
- Time out on photo progress form overrides the overall time out and fails after 60 seconds
- A cancel button on the main interface to abort processing at the next available opportunity.
- Ability to select DirectShow or Windows Media Player when trimming, setting envelopes, confirming freefall times and playing media
- Ability to deactivate a license without an internet connection to enable installation on a different computer.
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.14.0.
- Blank left video when setting freefall times, slow motion or trimming.
- Tiny videos when setting freefall times, slow motion or trimming on machines with high DPI and scaling enabled.
- The previous speed setting used on the speed change dialog was not remembered
- Offline activation wasn't available to renew subscriptions for activated licenses.
- NAS drives may fail validation due to invalid write permissions.
- Deactivation fails to remove old license keys, which will be reactivated after restarting.
- After timing out waiting for an available rendering slot, nothing happens.
- A single space or invalid character in the second USB folder will throw a confusing error when the path fails validation.
- The active flag was not saved for adverts
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.13.0.
- Photos were intermittently missing from the final build when producing photos only.
Bug FixesChange log - TandemVids 2018.0.12.0.
- Vegas Professional 16 Support.
- License keys are now installed and activated for all users. User elevation is required.
- Valid license keys that haven't been activated can now be replaced or removed.
- A warning is shown during the grace period when a subscription has expired without renewal.
- Ability to limit concurrent renders when kicking off multiple instances. Each render will wait for an available slot.
- The dialogs used for selecting locations in media have been completely replaced. There should be no need to install third party codecs like the Lav filters.
- The play media and music options have been built into TandemVids and start much faster than using the default external applications.
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.11.0.
- When the option to minimise TandemVids is selected, messages may steal the focus from other applications.
- Multiple instances use their own window sizes and positions.
- The progress tab was being refreshed too often and became annoying when busy running multiple instances.
- Only the first YouTube email was generated.
- Default order on the search tab set to processing date descending.
- Creating sub clips using the Vegas trimmer caused an error when the template was imported into TandemVids.
- Blank left videos when setting freefall times, slow motion or trimming.
- The new GPU enabled rendering engine "Magix AVC/AAC MP4" with an NVENC enabled template fails when using more than two instances.
- When running multiple instances using the same template, Vegas would intermittently fail to locate template media.
- When updating an existing template, included media was not updated if it already existed.
- Photos were missing when import photos and capture photos were used at the same time.
- Reworked the licensing menu and activation process to make it clearer when activation hasn't been completed.
- Automated activation still fails silently if there is no internet available or if our servers are down but the user can initiate activation manually and see exactly what the problem is.
- Attempting to run Vegas and TandemVids with mismatched architectures (32 and 64 bit) is caught and the user is alerted.
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.10.0.
- Out of memory errors.
- YouTube application errors, negative retry time-outs and lost authorisation tokens.
- YouTube application error, "The tasks argument contains no tasks."
- Cancelling a render by closing the render progress window does the opposite of the confirmation prompt.
- Cancelling a render using the window close button may cause Vegas to freeze, which locks the file and keeps TandemVids locked.
- The inserted and modified columns on the archive tab should be hidden.
- When 32 bit Vegas and 32 bit TandemVids are installed on a 64 bit operating system, automatic updates will install the 64 bit version of TandemVids.
- Removing an SD card while thumbnails were being generated logged a file not found error even though it wasn't displayed to the user
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.9.0.
- Check for updates offered to install the same version that's currently installed if it was present in the download folder.
- Computers using French regional settings failed to export any photos using the new ffmpeg option.
- The order of events displayed on the Event tab may have been incorrect and appeared jumbled.
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.8.0.
- Vegas threw an error on exit every now and then.
- YouTube application retry timeout error caused a cross thread exception.
- We were unable to log the error. The installer created the wrong event log so subsequent log entries failed.
- If TandemVids or Vegas were blocked from accessing the Internet using a software firewall, any errors caused a Vegas crash.
- The YouTube application overwrote error messages with the retrying in xx seconds message.
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.7.0.
- "Check for update" was throwing an error on 32 bit installations
- The automated "Check for update" logged errors on 32 bit installations but no messages were displayed.
- Available updates on 32 bit installations were never applied and notifications of updates were never given.
- "Check for update" threw an error when there was no internet or no response from the server on 64 bit installations
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.6.0.
- Some of the new license keys may have presented an invalid license key message.
- Option to minimise TandemVids to the taskbar while processing. (Off by default)
- Option to play a system sound after processing has finished. (On by default)
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.5.0.
- Photo capture didn't allow for trimmed videos.
- The two different methods for photo capture now produce the same number of photos.
- Photo capture now captures the correct number of photos for each event.
- Photo capture progress is updated correctly when using Vegas.
- Confirmation is required when importing templates without any empty events.
- An incorrect prompt to continue with other formats was shown if you chose not not render the video.
- When TandemVids was minimised, an error was thrown when you hovered over the taskbar thumbnail.
- Small USB drives no longer fail validation. Destination USB drives and folders were incorrectly required to have over 2GB of free space.
- Letting a video play to the end on the trim media window generated a silent error that was logged centrally and in the local event viewer but not displayed.
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.4.0.
- The TandemVids application occasionally fails to appear when started.
- "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." when closing TandemVids.
- The status at the bottom of TandemVids wasn't reset after validating or processing.
- If you set both left trim and right trim, the right trim was ignored.
- Completed uploads are never cleared with the message "YouTube is processing your video". No email was generated.
- The stop and play buttons on the trim window loaded the wrong images when used.
- Ctrl + A didn't select all text in multi line text boxes. This is a Microsoft bug but we added a workaround.
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.3.0.
- In certain situations where no photos are captured an error is thrown at waiting for photo capture to complete and the processing fails.
- You can use the include option in the media grid. The repeated event names and ordering has been fixed.
- Importing any Vegas templates with errors such as missing files threw an error in TandemVids and still created the non existent template in the database.
- Vegas 15 (Build 216) does not work with TandemVids. It locks up at "Clearing work area". We now require build 261 or higher.
- File copy progress hangs if minimised when a single file is copied. We tried to set the height to less than zero.
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.2.0.
- If you tick the box to capture photos but none of your events are set to "Capture photos from this event", an error is thrown at waiting for photo capture to complete and the processing fails.
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.1.0.
- Right clicking in an empty section of the media grid threw an error.
- YouTube uploads with a missing file threw an error. We change the status to error with a description. There is no need for a message box.
- Importing a Vegas template without any empty events threw an error.
- You can process a template without any empty events.
Change log - TandemVids 2018.0.0.0.
- Internal card readers did not refresh source media when inserted or removed.
- Several options with dependencies were incorrectly enabled after processing.
- Errors when work areas cannot be created due to permissions.
This is the first release for a complete architecture overhaul and code restructuring. There will be bugs. Tread cautiously. Test your templates and configurations before going live.
Every release of TandemVids can be installed directly over the top of existing installations. Your settings and customers will remain intact.
Edited by user
| Reason: Not specified